Welcome to Michael's Kitchen.
Within this website, you'll find all sorts of information
relating to the hobbyist cook. From equipment to cooking tips
to recipes in a pinch. Feel free to explore and have fun!
As a convenience, many of the pictures are clickable links. Clicking
on these pictures will take you to the amazon.com webpage for that
item. Product features, reviews, and pricing will be provided on
that page. Rest assured, you will be getting the same low prices
that amazon.com provides.
This website is continually under construction.
A word about amazon.com
I joined amazon.com's associates program in 1998 providing convenience links
on the books that I was reviewing on my website because I felt amazon.com
had the fairest all around prices and best focus on customer satisfaction.
Buying stuff online can be troublesome and sometimes you don't get what you
want. Many companies make it hard to communicate with them or don't respond
to e-mail except with auto-replies. This has not been true when dealing
with amazon.com - as a customer since 1995, I have been pleased (and often
surprised) at how quickly amazon.com responds to customer inquiries and
their commitment to making customer lives easier (and cheaper). Over the
last several years, the company has grown considerably, and now they offer
just about every merchandise category under the sun.|
When I decided to create a cooking focused website, it seemed obvious to
link into amazon.com's website to provide product information at
reasonable prices. It should be noted however that amazon.com does not
always have the cheapest price, but they are pretty competitive. There are
ways to make amazon.com even more attractive and I'll try to list some
of them here:
- Free shipping on orders over $25 - if you order items
in amazon.com's warehouse (not from Target or other partners) then
you can qualify for free shipping. I definitely took advantage of this
when ordering my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.
- Specials - often, amazon.com will have specials such
as "Spend $99 on small appliances and get a $20 gift certificate". Current
specials are listed below.
- amazon.com Visa - using an amazon.com Visa on amazon.com
puchases nets you an additional 3% back in the form of amazon.com gift
certificates for future use. Also you get a $20 gift certificate when you
sign up and earn 1% on other purchases.
- Get a $100 gift certificate for use on a future Amazon.com purchase when you spend $500 or more on Weber products offered by Amazon.com. (April 28 to June 30, 2003) Details
- Get a $40 gift certificate for use on a future Amazon.com purchase when you spend $129 or more on cutlery (excludes J.A. Henckels and Wusthof) offered by Amazon.com. (June 1 to June 30, 2003) Details
- Get a $20 gift certificate for use on a future Amazon.com purchase when you spend $99 or more on wine accessories offered by Amazon.com. (May 30 to June 29, 2003) Details
- Get a $20 gift certificate for use on a future Amazon.com purchase when you spend $99 or more on small appliances offered by Amazon.com. (June 1 to June 30, 2003) Details
- Get a $10 gift certificate for use on a future Amazon.com purchase when you spend $40 or more on cook's tools and gadgets (excludes J.A. Henckels and Wusthof) offered by Amazon.com. (June 1 to June 30, 2003) Details
- Use coupon code CWAREJUNEPRM to save $15 on $75 worth of cookware (excluding All-Clad). (June 1 to June 30, 2003) Details
- Buy one select cook's tool or cutlery item offered by Amazon.com and receive a second item free. (Until June 30, 2003) Details